Old 04-01-22, 01:53 PM   #3341
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I do not disagree with what you have said Dave
In the end it's the human who decide who shall be the President. Which I mentioned before.

Personally I don't care who you pick as your President-I only want the election to be true and fair.

Markus
Me too, well I do care who wins of course, but I also want it to be a true and fair election, one that I have some degree of confidence has been conducted that way.

In that light I also believe that the old fashioned hard copy paper ballot that is:

1, Secretly cast at an official polling station by a person whose eligibility to vote in the election has been confirmed.
2. counted by a human, who is being watched by both neutral and partisan observers as they do it.
3. then is placed in a sealed locked container and stored for possible recounting later by whoever may have an interest.

...is still the best and most secure voting system ever invented by man for ensuring truth and fairness in an election.

The second you break that strong chain of custody by digitizing any part of that process you vastly increase the chances of large scale fraud and worse you make it impossible to verify it later. The tracks are forever covered like electronic dust in the wind.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote