Old 08-12-07, 06:07 PM   #82
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bando
Here's some results from looking into the torpedo files:
In the torpedoes_US.sim file are most if not all dates screwed up. Figures like 3,080472E-38 are not (to me anyway) readable as dates. The detonating values of the torpedoes are huge numbers. I don't know if this is right, I don't think they're right. The order of data for the torpedoes can be written in the file. For example chunk 4 reads "amun_Torpedo", which I changed to "amun_Torpedomk10". The chunks are related to torps as follows: Chunk 3 = mk27, 5 = mk10, 7 = mk14, 9 = mk16, 11 = mk18, 13 = mk23.

Btw, in the zon file the order from top to bottom is mk 27 - 10 - 18 - 16 - 23 - 14.

The torpedo numbers can be saved in there, but with every update it would have to be done again. Maybe you're willing to put the names in there?? please sugar.....on top......please......

Anyway, hope this helps making this great tool even greater
I'll have a look at the incorrect data types. It's no big problem. It's an example of incorrect automatic data type detection. This can be overruled by defining the data type in the xml configuration file of S3D, although I haven't got a date type implemented yet. I'll add it to next update... For now, just use the file offset indicated and modify it with a hex editor.

As far as labels/names, that's up to the modder to decide. I won't implement anything to change labels/names.

Unrelated to above, some other new info: I've made a test project which scans the entire data directory for all readable files (multithreaded - up to 10 files simultaneously). It took my (new) pc just 65 secs to scan all 2002 files for id's (avg. 30 files/sec). In some future release (don't know when yet), S3D will get a seperate module which you can use to find an id.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote