View Single Post
Old 04-08-22, 03:29 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The US side sends an air response anyway, when available, such as a nearby CV, or DD running to the area. The only thing you cannot do on the US side is call in a "scouting" run to find 'targets'. That's all that the German side's advantage with that is, and it is definitely non-historical. Ditch the grease pencil... lol

True. I found when testing wolfpack missions in campaign that the AI subs if within range will respond to contact reports, will attack. The surfaced ones, likely because as classified technically as DE's on roster, have best response but submerged ones will as well. Given they have to be pretty close, I would say within 15-20 miles, perhaps less, there are limitations.

My thinking is with the feature transferred over from U boat side, would be more interactive and likely to work. Could use it to call in AI subs in and aircraft to scout for you at one point, since that was done in later war off Indochina. Coordinated operations, read about it and there was a Silent Service episode, trying to remember the boat it featured. Basically, they were stepping on one another's toes in 45 off indochina, china coast, so they started coordinating for better results.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote