View Single Post
Old 02-24-12, 12:47 PM   #3
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Redwine made, "historical_depth_charges_letal_radius_mod_v1.0.zi p" for the DC's and it looks from the readme that he did a lot of research.

There is even a Hard mode and a Real which is easier.

If you want dumb DD's the save game bug may be your answer, I know from Pacific Aces if you restart a saved game the DD's aren't as aggressive and I'm almost positive this is a SH II hard coded glitch or the PA team would have fixed it.

Hope that helps.

Happy Hunting - even if you're sinking Allied shipping...

Art
I don't want them dumb, just subject to simulated human error within historical contexts of the specific portion of the war. If I wanted dumb, I would pop in SH5 and remove IRAI. Of course, I am talking about a 12-year old game that doesn't see much action anymore, too.

I will look into the depth charge mod, but I wasn't attacked, just spotted. I went deep and got skinny before the DD did anything. I lost him once I got to 210m and below the thermocline. He started snaking about while I went windward of him and the convoy.

My issue is that I do not expect Early War DDs* to be as savvy (and as rabid) as Late War DDs with all of the sensory twinkies to make them better. I am dealing with V&Ws and Clemsons, not Oliver Hazard Perry frigates. Likewise, I expected the XXI to be stealthier than it is in this game. I may just be expecting too much from an old game with old code. The newer games probably spoiled me.

As far as the "save game bug", I think this issue is from the engine being incapable of saving sensor contacts. It resets each time the engine is initialized. It apparently applies to AI units, too.

*The only exception to this is an Admiralty V&W Class with "D27" on the hull.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote