View Single Post
Old 06-19-13, 03:41 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Not closing apps? Well, you certainly need to close apps, else they take away from your memory. Before becoming aware of it, I had 17 apps running in the application list, and somewhere in the meues you can even shut down more that automatically get started when switching it on, pushing the list to over 35 entities, all in all! All things that I do not need as long as I do not manually call the app up, ike email handler, pdf reader, etc.

The difference is impressive. Leaving it that way had my little darling really becoming very warm in the left top corner, and had 1500+ MB o fthe 2 GB memory blocked. Switching it all off, started the big ice age, and blocked memory falling from 1500+ to 500+ MB. So it obviously makes a difference, and a big one.

Why pdf reader stays open, of internet browser, when I return to homescreen, why all application keep open in the background, so that I manually have to close them, is beyond me.

And your first question, I love it, the piece I got is showing very good manufacturing quality, it cannot be distorted, shows equal and minimal clearance around the whole frame where the glass is inserted into the main body, and it gives a nice solid feeling when holding it. And the lags you mentioned, I am not aware of any such events. Workflow is fluid for me. Completely. Internet: as fast, maybe even slightly faster, as my connection from PC via Opera.

And let's face it, that thing has performance power in its 10" tablet class, by that, I read, it currently leads the pack. I have so far not become aware of even any minor stuttering, lag, or whatever. Plus the battery life. Roughly 15 hours (with Google-always-scanned spyware and GPS switched off and no 3G operation) - that is rocksolid, I'd say.

BTW, I noted that when I use the virtual keyboard for an input, every push of the keys is answered with a short, slight, minor vibration inside, although I had switched off haptic feedback (and that felt differently, stronger, anyway). It cannot be a harddrive in there, or can it? I would have imagined such small devices to base on SSD tech. It also never vibrates during any other action.

Opera: as good as it is on Windows, as bad it is on Android. Erratic site display, malfunctions, freezes, and extremely slow - terrible. The link feature with PC to synchronise favourites and so forth, also was a mess, and in the end resulted in a fail. Avoid-avoid!