View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 02:01 AM   #1005
DeathOrGlory
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
if i remember properly, promotions are the result of successful mission objectives and medals are the result of renown from sinking tonnage during any one mission.

there is an algorithm for promotions but i cannot find it at the moment. IIRC (or somewhat correctly) each mission during a career is rated between 3 at the high end and -3 at the low end. you add your mission points and divide by the number of missions and if the average is 2+ basically, you will need 4 or more successful missions to get promoted. there is also a date-lapse factor involved in that you cannot get promoted after consecutive missions. failure early in a career is a career-killer.
edit: found this: After each patrol a calculation takes place: New_Campaign_Rating = Old_Campaign_Rating + Last_Patrol_Rating / 2

medals are awarded after you sink enough tonnage in one mission and not for sinking tonnage consistently over several missions. it is possible during one mission to sink over 100k tons and receive a medal and then get court martialed for sinking one of your ships or too many neutral ships.

and no, you cannot award yourself medals and promotions. (several jokes come to mind here but we will forsake the humor since we do not know each other).

there is neither a display to show you your current renown nor your current promotability score. that's Ubi for you.

Thank you for your reply

It seems that no medals will be coming, as I have 100% realism settings and levels 2 convoy difficulty making it very hard to get a patrol with super high tonnage. I love it this way though, as even SH3 with GWX was a bit unrealistic with how many tons you could get away with each patrol.

I feel like this mod is the best version of an authentic submarine sim experience out there. Truly wonderful work done by all involved. A few creases here and there but it's a fantastic experiences nonetheless!

Feel free to send through any quips about self-promoting, Kaleun Marco
DeathOrGlory is offline   Reply With Quote