View Single Post
Old 07-13-15, 10:33 AM   #2285
Frank Ravelli
Sailor man

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 1

Ok, so here I am, after two years far from the game Iīm back. You know, the summer is being so hot that I needed some refreshing game and this one is the best for that.
And here I am with a new pc that I hope can finally cope with a modded version of SH5. You know, two years back I spent more thatn one week to learn, download and install Soberīs megamod. I went for the whole beast and I am pretty sure that I was able to install all the mods properly, but, as I said, my machine wasnīt powerful enough for the task, so I had regular ctdīs.
I had a lot of fun while doing the process of installing the megamod, as for me thatīs a hobby in itself, sort of a metagame (I am very proud of having been able to run flawlessly a modded version of skyrim with more than 200 patches included, in a long process that took several months)
But the thought of installing the whole megamod manually, one mod at a time (and I had forgotten about TDW generic patcher!) was a little overwhelming and kept me away from reinstalling the game.
So, desperately in need of the refreshing waves of the baltic sea, I came back to this great forum only to find this INCREDIBLE, AWESOME, PERFECT compilation of WoS. And I have to say to you: thank you so much sir, you have done something here.
Because what took me more than one week before, itīs taken just two or three hours now (including reading and "letting sink" the instructions)

Of course I have some questions that have been raised in a couple of hours of gameplay, because I havenīt read all the modsī readmes, so I have a lot to learn.

If you donīt mind I will just ask you a couple things:

-why does the navigator never give the position when clicking the celestial method? Iīve tried it and waited for about ten minutes, to no avail. Thereīs no problem when using the dead reckoning method though.
-I think that not all of the charts shown here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=141
can be found ingame. For example I havenīt seen the coastwise piloting and the celestial navigation ones. I found the last one specially interesting, cause Iīd like to learn celestial positioning and the use of the sextant and that kind of thing.

I hope that you donīt mind if I come back with new questions when I have doubts about something.

Well, thank you so much for your priceless help with the mod compilation and congrats for your well deserved 2014 subsim award
Frank Ravelli is offline   Reply With Quote