View Single Post
Old 07-13-15, 06:00 AM   #2282
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0

FYI.

Real navigation by the DarkWright (in folder structure)

Should be DarkWraith.

Also, does this, or do you plan to add an option for dumbing down the options a little? I'm talking about Map contacts and Identify Ship button. I understand that 100% realism and manual plotting is the preferred way for seasoned subsimmers but a lot of people don't have the time to sit down for a long session where plotting is a huge part of that. The default game has the option for Map contacts on/off so I don't see why you need to force it off in this mod. Yesterday I spent literally 3 hours scouring posts and this thread for a way to re-enable the Identify Target button. Plenty of people asked the same question but were met with silence or people saying they had no idea how to do it, yet the mod is advertised as being suitable for beginners (as long as they are willing to play 100% from the get go it seems).

Anyway, in the end I downloaded Dragons addon mod and used Winmerge to adjust the PageLayout.ini to re-enable the button, which I would have preferred not to do, instead having the file included in the mod as an option, like real Navigation. Having to download a whole other mod just for one small file is a pain, thank God I don't have a download cap on my internet or I'd be pretty annoyed about it.

Anyway, not a rant but a suggestion as I think there are many people that would appreciate the ability to make their own choice rather than conform to the notion that 100% realism is the best way. For the record I'd love to play 100% but as stated I don't have the time and would prefer to get into the action and fun rather than waste time plotting everything.

Great mod, much needed, and the only reason I dusted off my copy of SH5, SH3 still being my favorite. I spent many hours editing files in that game to get it how I liked it but don't really want to repeat that here. Thank You.

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote