View Single Post
Old 07-07-14, 05:58 PM   #755
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow4869 View Post
Hello. I am not sure if anyone is following this mod pack anymore, but I figured I would let you know my experiences here
1st, The install is pretty darn complicated. Not of this mod per say, but the TWI stuff. I'm still not 100% sure if I did that correctly.
I have installed thousands of mods to different games over the years, and this ranks in the top 10 of hardest to install.

2nd, Got it up and running no problem. But ran across a game breaking bug that actually caused me to uninstall.
Torpedoes.... The ones that hit are 99% duds. I would say about 90% of torpedoes sent down range do 1 of 2 things. They either start a circular holding pattern untill they run out of fuel, or just go straight from the boat. That was the Tutorial experience, just testing.

Skipping the tutorial as directed, and doing everything correctly the first time. I got a CTD halfway to my first mission, so I tried the tutorial. After noticing the torpedo problem I loaded the Original save game and started testing torpedoes in the bay.
At longer range I had 5% of torpedoes just start the circle pattern. The other 95% were duds and bounced off all ships. Or detonated prematurely.

As this is promoted as a modpack for beginners..... I would have to say, just the TWI factor of the installation makes it not so. This is an advanced installation by all means.

Not that I am downplaying the hard work that went into this, and I am sure if I tinker long enough I will get it to work. my goal with the game is really to just get a better sinking, floating mod. Because 4 torpedoes to take out 1 small ship is not right. Even when I put 1 on port and 1 on starboard side. Little ships should flood on be done at that point.

Well, enough of my rant here:P Thanks for the hard work guys and gals, just not the right mod for me
Oh My .. I would think that any of the concepts of the mod would be difficult
for a beginner . However If you read and read and . re-read everything just might make sense . VDR Is just a player @ 100% REALUISM , AS IAM ALSO . But . getting confused and getting fustrated especailly when you have played at a other level would make sense . Now I have been following this thread ever since I have installed this mod , The only difficulty I have had is .. that at times hwne I add supermarls , Nav fixes and or were ghost ships are marked I have only gotten one ctd , as of late I have killed 2 mechants AND TWO DESTOYERS AND ABOUT TOo raid malta again befoe I go to the western med and enage my objectives , I play at 100% and I have before . to rant and rave and say blame otherwise should start with you asking yourslef .. what do I know about this game played at this 100% level , here are some links that and if you take the time and watch listen , learn and than come back and complain that you would have a rant to rant about .. TAKE A look at these Tuturiioas about play 100% , than come back see if your problems persist . I challenge you

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181538

Read and watch and learn Good luck ~~

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote