View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 01:35 PM   #115
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default 'Loonacy' takes the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
NO NO I've picked with Hillary to take it all-I'm in it for a T-short! Of course Hillary has one more X chromosome than 'the Donald' so we'll all be drinkin' ("stay thirsty my republican friends")
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
You are a loon. I mean that in a good way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
JEEZE THANKS! The loon is the state bird of Minnesota! Go figureI mean all this is no shock: we elected comedian Al Franken to the Senate and Jessie Ventura Governor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal
Yeah, the rules did not cover that contingency, but I allowed it to reward imagination
Yeah, michael moore just wrote a depressing op-ed piece, declaring Trump will win.
5. The Jesse Ventura Effect. Finally, do not discount the electorate’s ability to be mischievous or underestimate how any millions fancy themselves as closet anarchists once they draw the curtain and are all alone in the voting booth. It’s one of the few places left in society where there are no security cameras, no listening devices, no spouses, no kids, no boss, no cops, there’s not even a friggin’ time limit. You can take as long as you need in there and no one can make you do anything. You can push the button and vote a straight party line, or you can write in Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. There are no rules. And because of that, and the anger that so many have toward a broken political system, millions are going to vote for Trump not because they agree with him, not because they like his bigotry or ego, but just because they can. Just because it will upset the apple cart and make mommy and daddy mad. And in the same way like when you’re standing on the edge of Niagara Falls and your mind wonders for a moment what would that feel like to go over that thing, a lot of people are going to love being in the position of puppetmaster and plunking down for Trump just to see what that might look like. Remember back in the ‘90s when the people of Minnesota elected a professional wrestler as their governor? They didn’t do this because they’re stupid or thought that Jesse Ventura was some sort of statesman or political intellectual. They did so just because they could. Minnesota is one of the smartest states in the country. It is also filled with people who have a dark sense of humor — and voting for Ventura was their version of a good practical joke on a sick political system. This is going to happen again with Trump. @ Onkel Neal by your own revised rules I just won back my 'imaginary point'! AVG and I should be tied...Michael Moore agrees with me!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-25-16 at 02:11 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote