Old 06-15-21, 02:31 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
A Steam download will show as v1.3 updated to v1.4, and has a 2nd download for "UBoat Missions Add-On" to bring their version (and their version only) up to version 1.5 - So you might need to make 2 purchases on a Steam download to get to v1.5 which is what most mods now use.
If I am NOT mistaken, as I do use Steam as a source (along with Ubi...), SH4 on Steam, is available to buy, grab, or purchase as the case is... in either the 1.4 or 1.5 versions for it.

The main common denominator delineating which is which, is:

v1.4
Silent Hunter IV (or 4): Wolves of the Pacific. Which is just the standard U.S. Fleet boat action. This one, does NOT include any access to or use of Uboats, in that version of it.

v1.5
Silent Hunter IV (or 4): Wolves of the Pacific Uboat missions. This version, includes Uboat action, but only as it pertains to action seen in the Pacific, for the short duration that Uboats were active in that theater of operation, as part of the tripartite accord between Germany, Italy & Japan. The primary Uboats as far as I know of that were used there in the Pacific, would have been more geared to the Type IX's, though it could have been possible with a couple of refuel/resupply stops along the way for the Type VII's... but.. more time prohibitive... therefore making it more feasible for the IX's to be used there. As they had the... sea legs, if you will to do so.

So, both versions here, can be grabbed separately, @ Steam... just have to be sure of which 1 you're grabbing when you go to do so.

If you're looking to round out the SH library as it were, Steam does have a combi pack deal on SH3, 4(both versions) & 5... available... which I did grab when they had it on sale @ $21(22+ some change after all was said & done ). Which was not a bad deal... Currently it is listed at $39.99 for all 3 right now as it stands.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.