Downloads: 164
Uploads: 0
SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleun Peter Gipp View Post
Date 16/Sep/1940
Location Grid AM94
Intercepted Convoy , 0500 hrs
Avoid lead destroyer , have Ammunition ship in sights along with two T16B tankers lined up and solutions for attack ready .
Fire first torpedo target Ammunition Ship , line up for second and third targets , fire second torpedo , fire third torpedo , Hit with the first torpedo , hit for the second torpedo miss with the third , up periscope for confirmation , scanning aft what do I see but a destroyer heading straight for me , no time for solution , alarm !!!!! Down we go , run silent run deep , so I thought , the circus begins .
Long story short , did all kinds of maneuvers to shake the destroyers off , 2 Flower Class 1 V&W Class 2 Motor Torpedo Boats , played dead on the ocean floor , nope that was not wise of me , from the start of the attack run on the convoy until 1500 HRS they would not give up , depth charge and pinging was the order of the day , U-Boat took some big hits but it was salvageable until they got a fix on me resulting in U-Boat destroyed by pressure , all hands lost SUMMARY Oberleutnant z.s. Peter Gipp and U-48 were lost sometime on 16SEP40 . 13 patrols 175 days 43 merchant sunk 7 warships total 239041 tons . Many , Many Thanks for everyone who contribute to this site and creators of the many mods that renders this simulation as close as possible to realism .
Hats off to Kaleun Gipp, he will be missed, thats why I avoid convoys though, too much risk for so little gain, my good ol' commander Egon Roth prefers to sick his type IX on lone merchants north of Ireland, hapless fools never know what hit em.
Rammstein0991 is offline   Reply With Quote