kaleun Peter Gipp
Swabbie

Downloads: 185
Uploads: 0
Default Realism to the higher order .

Date 16/Sep/1940
Location Grid AM94
Intercepted Convoy , 0500 hrs
Avoid lead destroyer , have Ammunition ship in sights along with two T16B tankers lined up and solutions for attack ready .
Fire first torpedo target Ammunition Ship , line up for second and third targets , fire second torpedo , fire third torpedo , Hit with the first torpedo , hit for the second torpedo miss with the third , up periscope for confirmation , scanning aft what do I see but a destroyer heading straight for me , no time for solution , alarm !!!!! Down we go , run silent run deep , so I thought , the circus begins .
Long story short , did all kinds of maneuvers to shake the destroyers off , 2 Flower Class 1 V&W Class 2 Motor Torpedo Boats , played dead on the ocean floor , nope that was not wise of me , from the start of the attack run on the convoy until 1500 HRS they would not give up , depth charge and pinging was the order of the day , U-Boat took some big hits but it was salvageable until they got a fix on me resulting in U-Boat destroyed by pressure , all hands lost SUMMARY Oberleutnant z.s. Peter Gipp and U-48 were lost sometime on 16SEP40 . 13 patrols 175 days 43 merchant sunk 7 warships total 239041 tons . Many , Many Thanks for everyone who contribute to this site and creators of the many mods that renders this simulation as close as possible to realism .
kaleun Peter Gipp is offline   Reply With Quote