View Single Post
Old 12-29-18, 06:30 AM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

We have to get more people to scroll their page and post here!...

I mentioned previously about agreeing with Fitzcarraldo's nominating THEBERBSTER as Most Helpful Member of the Year. I just want to add a little more to my comments. We can all try, but never can quite compare to Peter. The Best of the best. There are so many helpful posts from him. Not only friendly, but accurate with his help, and he links to every bit of helpful advice he can find, often testing and confirming it himself, and has it at his fingertips as a dispensation.

I've already nominated Aktungbby for funniest post of the year, but he does have some stiff competition from u_crank's nomination of Cybermat47's posting.

I also want to second s7rikeback's nomination for Post of the Year to CapnScurvy for the first post in his LAA Win10 thread. In spite of it being over two years old, it keeps on giving, especially with the recent spate of MS Updates.

On to my new nominations:
Best Poster of the Year
Eichhörnchen
Consistently friendly, always light-hearted and "smiling", and yes, just a little nuttie. Almost always "remembers" birthdays (he has the list buried with his nutz, and never forgets where those are)
Birthday Wishes = you know that saying, "The early bird gets the worm"? Well for Eichhörnchen, it's "The early squirrel gets the nutz!"... and he has excellent tastes in music, and is quite the ahr-teest!

Modder of the Year SH3
HanSolo78
War Ace Campaign 5.x
War Ace Campaign (WAC)
it is really good to see mods still being developed for SH3, and it is still being worked on and improved. I'm learning a lot following and reading the thread.

Modder of the Year SH4
CapnScurvy
Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate
Carried his Day of Infamy mod into FotRSU, adding that much more to it. Helps teach this noob modder how to do modding correctly
FOTRS Ultimate Project Post #6809 - just an example of one of many things he has brought to the mod.

Modder of the Year SH5
vdr1981
The Wolves of Steel
The Wolves of Steel
SH5 is not playable without multiple mods, and this is a really good package.

I'm torn between those three... but probably leaning more toward HanSolo78

SubSim Legacy Award
Jeff-Groves
For helping so many modders point themselves in the correct direction to make their mods better. Sees the big picture, and helps guide folks to their goal. Will lend a hand to anyone, and really likes doing animation for some strange reason.
War Ace Campaign (WAC) Post 1146 is but one of several recent examples. In FotRSU, he was instrumental in finding several issues.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote