View Single Post
Old 09-08-11, 04:16 PM   #37
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Penguin, you live in Germany, yes? If you have trouble to find the Italian ingredients in a shop, this is where I get them,

http://www.goumeo.de/farina-tipo-00-...a-a49201r.html
http://www.goumeo.de/index.php?auswa...tsch&Portoland=

they are apparently the cheapest option on the web. I buy 5 packs of Tipo-00 and 1 pack of Semola, this will nicely match and cost you around 16-17 Euros, including shipping. You get around 35 30 cm-pizzas from this order, I calculate.

On cheese, Mozarella (cow-milk, sinc etis is the one you usually get in the stores), never tastes of anything, no matter whether you use the dried one or the fresh one, but with frersh Mozarella you are in danger that your pizza will swim away. You need to be careful in not using too much fresh Mozarella. That'S why I prefer the "dry" one.

Note that when saying Pizza cheese I do not mean so-called analogue cheese, but just the plastic bags that are labelled like that, and that includeng Edam and Tilsit cheese. You can also get Gouda and Emmentaler in that format, and separate Edam and Tilsit, but Gouda and Emmentaler have too strong a too untypical taste and become hard and dry very fast, gratinizing your pizza easily. That'S not what I want.

If one buys a pizza and the cheese smears like hell, and the lines from pizza to mouth can be spun for half a meter, then chances are that they sold cheap analogue cheese, a surrogate cheese made from plants oils. All cheeses I ever tried never did that. They shall remain soft and formable on a pizza, but not smear that crazy.

Thanks for the Leerdamer hint, I need to try it. In fact I never had Leerdamer for any purpose and have no idea what it tastes like.

Cherry tomatoes I mentioned because that is what I currently have at hand, and I wanted to correctly illustrate the ammount of fresh tomatos to be used. Taste is the priority here, wheter it be normal tomatoes or cherries, is unimportant indeed. Ypou can get small and big tomatoes of good and mediocre taste. In winter, it becomes difficult anyway, they all become quite sourish/sharp.