View Single Post
Old 09-08-11, 02:27 PM   #31
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Okay fellas, you are truly gifted that the god of pizza is writing amongst you! Tonight I reveal another fgreat recipee to you - my long-feared but no longer feared pizza spinacci!

Fanfares!

Did I write: no parmesan on pizza, ever? Forget it, I proved myself wrong.

For the dough, same recipe as above, I used the second half of the dough I had left from weekend. nly difference after five days in the refrigerator ius that after I formed it into a pizza plate and let it rise for another hour, it did not rise that much than five days ago - but rising it did, nevertheless, and completely sufficiently.

I changed the sauce a bit, using for one 30 cm pizza this: 2 medium sized cherry tomatoes, 1 table spoon of tomato paste, 1 coffee spoon of orgenao - nothing else, not even salt. Smash it into one paste.

Use frozen spinacci, it is easier to handle and makes no difference to fresh one, I also use it for a special recipee for Chinese spinacci.

Thaw a good two handful of frozen spinacci, and squeeze it so that the water gets out. Smash 4 claws of garlic, and add around 2 big table spoons of parmesan. Add salt, not too shy with it. Black pepper, but not too much! Then, olive oil, I did not measure it, I estimate it was 5-6 table spoons, maybe slightly more. Mix it all, form a ball, and let it rest so that the aromes of the garlic and parmesan can expand. Let it rest for 2-3 hours, and occasionally stirr it, forming balls again afterwards.

Handle the dough like described earlier, and prepare the oven accordingly. Remember, the motto is: the hotter the better.

When you want to start, smear the tomato paste onto the pizza plate, then strew mixed cheese like described earlier over it, according to your liking. Then place the spinacci on it, and use spinacci generously! Finally, strew some 2 cm3-qubes of original feta cheese (original I say, meaning it must be made of sheep milk, not of cow milk!!!) on top of it, maybe the volume of half your fist.

Bake it for maybe 6-7 minutes, like described earlier, BUT - after 2-3 minutes, take out the stone plate and get rid of the paper, then put it back into the oven. The dough then should be done enough to allow that paper-removal easily. I did like that today, and it did not glue to the stone afterwards, and another 4 minutes later the pizza dough was - PERFECT. It did not rise as much as on the weekend, but still was air-cushioned and soft, with the bottom fromm outside to center being totally crispy . I dare say this was the best pizza dough I ever have eaten anywhere, no matter where!

The olive oil makes the taste and aromes of the spinacci covering very mild, that's why you may want to use more salt than you maybe expect. Also, do not use too few parmesan.

For me, a dream has come true.

This weekend, i will do another favourite of mine which never has worked before, but now should. There is a pot of fresh basil on my kitchen table, which can mean only one thing: pizza margerita. If it gets done well, to me it is a delicatesse - but I never was able to prefctly recreate it at home.

This should change now! I let you know.

No parmesan on pizza, I said - hahahaha...

Last edited by Skybird; 09-08-11 at 02:54 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote