View Single Post
Old 07-01-08, 10:51 AM   #8
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight
Talk to TLAM Strike or Molon Labe. Maybe you could become an advisor for the next LWAMI version.

I personally think that the reason the sensors and acoustics are the way they are in the interest of playability and evening the playing field a little bit for multiplayer. I know that some things had to be altered a bit in the interest of playability durring the sims' development.
Agreed on that. An Idea would be to have a profile listing in a "read me". Because let's say I want to drive a "Permit" class boat and you want to drive the "Seawolf". I would not stand a chance in real life. But if we or others chose platforms from the same era then they should be matched somewhat. I think they tried doing that, but they went way too low on the performance of the "Cold war Era" boats. No! Strike that, I think the SSN-21 has a stinky accoustical performance too. But that Sierra can pick up a whale fart at 50k yards. I am waiting for Clive to send me some info on how to properly tweak the files. I just do solo stuff, but crave realism. Thanks for the info!
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote