Old 10-13-20, 07:01 AM   #2000
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Thanks for the explanations above, PB.

Until I upgraded to 1.26p a few minutes ago, my splash screen and JSGME both displayed my version as 1.21p and I reported the issue weeks ago. I say this to possibly aid your forensics, not be contentious.

Now that I've upgraded FotRS, and upgraded to a Balao just prior (departing on next mission 7/30/43), I've noticed:
- I have a 4" gun either way, but the gun crew slots disappear if a bow mount is chosen.
- Transferring to Mare Island is successful but the mission objective remains the Carolines instead of training.
The "New Construction" missions were worked on, which is what you get when starting from the Menu, but when you get a new boat, and it's early or late, the missions do not function correctly. I have not come up with a way to "fix" that. You therefore keep the assignment you received when coming in from patrol, prior to the "upgrade". Be sure and see what your Home Base is with the "Transfer" screen prior to departure, and don't forget to stop for fuel at Pearl on your way out (Midway or Johnston Island, if available)... As for the losing the gun crew, that shouldn't, but does happen. That is also a Stock game issue, as well as with most (if not all) mods. This is why we suggest that after you move a deck gun, that you go back to the crew page, and make certain the crew slots followed. If not, then restore the original gun position, and check again. If they came back, Save and go on patrol. Try again later. Sometimes, a Save and exit, and then coming back into the Captain's Office will "fix" the ability to move the gun. Sometimes not. Either way, when you first go on patrol with a "freshly" moved gun, even if you have populated gun crew slots, they will not show on the gun when you go to Battle Stations. If that happens, after departing and getting beyond the Home Base limits (the anchor in the upper-right corner of the screen when on the boat), Save the game, exit, come back in, and Load that Save. Your gun crew should now show when going to Battle Stations. They apparently have to be "initialized", just like several other aspects of the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
Where can I find a list of the Hotkey assignments in FOTRS, a number of them have been changed. For instance, the "Stop Watch/Chrongraph". also where is the Radio message button?
CapnScurvy did some artwork for us on the "cards" that used to come in the box with the game. Those are the "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Back.jpg" and "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" images in the main game folder. Printing those out is the easiest way to familiarize yourself with the FotRSU keystrokes, which are different from the original FOTRS and from TMO also. The <C> key gets you the "Chronograph", while <Ctrl>+<M> combo gets your Radio Messages.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote