View Single Post
Old 03-26-15, 10:01 AM   #19
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

When I emptied the mods I tried that idea. It still says radar depth without any mods but I can not find a single place in the cfg files concerning radar depth. It just isnt there.

I have a feeling that somewhere in the hard code maybe the american side is linked to a vocal que for radar depth and on the german side linked to snorkel depth.

I also noticed that the mods have to be disabled then modified and then re added before they take proper effect. If I leave the mods activate nothing seems to change after the file has been altered.

The sound file for Radar Depth must be named something other than what it is. I searched the entire sub structure of all files and mods and I can not find a single reference to a sound file for Radar Depth. There is one for snorkel depth but not Radar even though during game play you do have the sound "Radar Depth"

I have continued my testing and I now have achieved a 27 foot decks awash.

[Properties]
PeriscopeDepth=18.3;meters
SnorkelDepth=8.7;meters
CrashDepth=50.29;meters
MaxDepth=76.2;meters
SurfaceDepth=7.62;meters
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=61;meters
StormConditions=7,0.1;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

Using 8.7 meters with only version 1.5 and only TMO as a mod this will give you a 27 foot decks awash. Any speed above 2/3 will decrease your depth by 1 foot. So Flank at Decks Awash will have you sitting at 26 feet submerged. Sitting at 27 looks really nice. I found that using 8.5 had me sitting to far up out of the water. I will begin to add the mods I have in my list and report any changes. I am expecting one with ISP 2.6 but I am going to adjust that file to reflect 8.7 before I load it.

============================

Added testing notes.

Running this list alone:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

And having the original game file as well as TMO in the Gato.CFG altered to reflect this setting:

[Properties]
SnorkelDepth=8.7;meters
CrashDepth=50.29;meters
MaxDepth=76.2;meters
SurfaceDepth=7.62;meters

You will run Decks Awash at 27 feet and 11 knots if your speed is set to flank.

If you add ISP 2.6 And your Gato.CFG file is as follows:

[Properties]
SnorkelDepth=8.38;meters
CrashDepth=50.29;meters
MaxDepth=91.44;meters
SurfaceDepth=7.62;meters

You will run Decks Awash at 27 feet but will only have a maximum speed of 8 knots for any engine setting above 2/3. There is no increase in speed above 2/3 settings

I am trying to determine why ISP limits the Decks Awash speed to only 8 knots for any setting above 2/3.

BELOW are the differences of the two files I have not posted the entire file since all other information in it is the same for both.

TMO for GATO.CFG

[Properties]
SnorkelDepth=8.8;meters
CrashDepth=50.29;meters
MaxDepth=91.44;meters
SurfaceDepth=7.62;meters
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=45.75;meters
StormConditions=9,0.1;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

[EngineProperties]
AllStop=0.00
AheadSlow=0.25
AheadOneThird=0.50
AheadStandard=0.75
AheadFull=0.90
AheadFlank=1.00
BackSlow=-0.26
BackStandard=-0.40
BackFull=-0.53
BackEmergency=-0.66

==========================

ISP GATO.CFG

[Properties]
SnorkelDepth=8.38;meters
CrashDepth=50.29;meters
MaxDepth=91.44;meters
SurfaceDepth=7.62;meters

[EngineProperties]
AllStop=0.00
AheadSlow=0.46
AheadOneThird=0.68
AheadStandard=0.82
AheadFull=0.91
AheadFlank=1.00
BackSlow=-0.30
BackStandard=-0.45
BackFull=-0.60
BackEmergency=-0.67

I am hoping TOPRX can help shed some light on this for me so we can get a consistent speed out of decks awash no matter which of the mods are running.

27 feet for decks awash is an awfully good thing.

++++++++++++++++

NEW UPDATE:

I have discovered a small mod I ran called #3 Submarines Splash Sound which was part of the Enviroment 5 mod does something to change the submarine boats physics or something and will not allow Decks Awash. This file modifies the Gato.SIM as well as GATO.DAT files in some way that I do not understand as yet. If ISP has altered the DAT or SIM files from the GATO this might be why the reduced speed for decks awash over TMO and RSRD without ISP. I'll have to wait for TORPX to enlighten me on it. I have never adjusted any DAT or SIM files as yet. Modding is pretty new to me.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 03-26-15 at 11:45 AM.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote