View Single Post
Old 03-23-24, 12:30 PM   #21
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonie View Post
hmm ur pk is unreliable probably coz of the malfunctioning stadimeter with fotrsu...

just did a clean install of fotrs v2 (ge), 2nd patrol, bagged fuso off brunei + 2 big merchant south of davao. all using pk. no torp missed yet lel..

some of the custom made freighter still give wrong range reading when using stadimeter in fotrs v2 though. probably because the scale of the model is bad.
What are you using to "measure" the ship with to claim the scale of the model is bad?? If you use the RecMan, ALL of the models were painstakingly measured for mast height by DanielCoffey when he did all of the ship sil files, and that data will show in the RecMan. The figures are not very realistic in their accuracy, but people complained about the previous "fog of war" figures that were in the mod. The merchant ships were constantly altered throughout the war to change their appearance, the masts were shortened and lengthened at various times, and the funnels were also often altered, and possible bridge structure changes made, not failing to mention the "dazzle" paint schemes used. We cannot get most of that to happen in a mod. The stadimeter does not 'malfunction' in my install, and I do not have access to your computers to see what you folks have, so I cannot speak to what might be amiss with your installs and activations. You will find discrepancies between different uses of the stadimeter due to screen resolution and how accurate you are at placing the doubled image. Refer to the RecMan for ships that have altered "targeting" locations... Proper identification of the various ships is also quite important.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote