View Single Post
Old 01-18-24, 10:31 AM   #57
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Unfortunately after further testing the latest version, this mod causes ctd at end of loading bar screen with my MFM (full version) for Onealex if you start a patrol during Jan-Mar 1943 (just try it and see). If you use the lite version of the merchant fleet mod then it works during all periods of the war.

Conclusion....my ship pack for Onealex is adding a lot of resource load (adding 85 more ships to a mod with over 300 ships already) which is pushing the SH3 engine to its limit even with good cpu, performance ram and M.2 SSD. There's nothing more to be done, I even changed LOD factor from 12 -15 and still had crash but as soon as I remove SH5 mood mod and moon mod settings for Onealex then the MFM full version for Onealex works again during all periods of the war including Jan-Mar 1943. So if you want to play a career around Jan-March 1943 using the 'full version' then make sure to disable the moon mod and moon mod settings from your JSGME. That late in the war they will pick you up on radar so moon mod is not really useful at that time anyways, if your playing an early war career then everything should be fine in conjunction with the moon mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
In that case, it's the MFM mod or something else that kicks in during the time period you mention that is causing the ctd, not necessarily the moon mod. Since the lite version of the mfm mod doesn't cause ctds, that would seem to narrow the issue down.
If the moon mod was a problem, it would cause a ctd regardless of the time period.

Kyle,

I would have to agree with John, I had no real issues testing the Moon Mod with GWX Onealex, though I do not have your MFM mod installed currently. I will try it with your current versions and see what happens. I was able to run Rik's mod with no real issues in NYGM and WAC for what it is worth. My focus was testing on NYGM, others were tasked to tested GWX more extensively.

Yes, your are correct that once radar comes on the scene, moon lighting on night surface attacks becomes a moot point. I still like the overall atmosphere the mod provides and it still is a factor in visual spotting and I really like the transition of the weather.

Rik has made the mod part that is installed, not large at all. But this comes down to what I have been saying for a while, some versions of SH3 needs to go on a diet. There are loads of redundant files that are unnecessary, especially in sub interiors. Fifi has worked on this and gotten rid of a lot of them. That is why NYGM runs well I feel, even if it does not look the same with all of the eye candy applied. But I digress.

Will test MFM for GWX Onealex later today. Let you know.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote