View Single Post
Old 08-05-10, 02:16 AM   #219
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
It appears that the directories that are added by the mods are not being correctly removed by JSGME. In the case of errors reported, there are empty directories in data/Roster. I have done a number of test with some different mods and see the same results.

Recommend that uses get a copy of Empty Folder Nuker, and run it on the data directory after a mod de-install to ensure a clean system.
If you have the folder locked in Windows Explorer, or locked because you have files in the folder open, JSGME will not remove the folder...thus the big warning in the JSGME User Guide - "Make sure you close all mod and game files before enabling. Not doing so may result in integrity problems and possible game corruption as locked files are ignored by JSGME".

If the (mod added) folders are not locked, they will be removed. I have done oodles of testing on this and the only instances where folders are not removed are when they are locked, ie no different to when trying to delete files or folders in Windows Explorer.

If you have repeatable proof of it occurring, pls advise the specific circumstance so I can repeat the problem, otherwise, your claim is misleading.

EDIT: And don't forget, many players uninstall SH3/SH4 and reinstall it again and assume it to be a "clean install", but totally forget about the residual files and folders that the uninstaller left behind. These files and folders carry through to the new installation, and have nothing to do with JSGME (all bets are off with JSGME as soon as you stuff around with your core install, in any way).

Last edited by JScones; 08-05-10 at 02:29 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote