View Single Post
Old 12-18-22, 12:31 AM   #58
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Gwen, its looking really good and I'm not saying that just because I'm jealous.

Have you thought about being able to "set" the dive planes for surface trim? You'll need to putt around in a pool or small pond to find the best balance, but I'm wondering if you could set up a couple of null zones with your controller for surfaced and dived trim on the planes?

BTW, how about that other "model"? Some vids of the 7/8ths (?) scale Fokker Eindecker would be appreciated. What is turning the prop? It doesn't sound like a Rotax.
I'm not really sure what you mean about the dive planes. I can easily adjust the plane trim during operation. As for trimming the boat (ie. adding ballast and bouyancy) I do need to put it in the water to adjust that.

My airplane is actually a 3/4 scale replica. The engine is a Volkswagen 1915cc 69 HP flat four with a custom aircraft carb and electronic ignition. It has a 2:1 reduction belt drive turning a 72" custom made replica wood prop.

Here are a few videos for you taken during my 2007 test flights, note the guy talking is my friend and former flight instructor Bill. He was talking to the camera really and not directly to me since I didn't have a radio in the airplane when I was test flying it.

https://youtu.be/6XIPPYdKIdU

Gwen

Last edited by Gwenydd; 12-18-22 at 12:45 AM.
Gwenydd is offline   Reply With Quote