Old 09-08-14, 02:07 AM   #5
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Hi Matt,

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
Does the white explosion only show if a successful nuclear detonation occurs? I noticed when I use droppable nukes from the B-52's, I see the white explosion, but with ICBM's and Hound Dogs, I just get the exploding star effect.
If you are using time acceleration the visual effect may come and go too fast to see. MIRVs and Hound Dog (and SRAM) warheads are relatively small yield while almost all strategic gravity bombs are heavy-yield mothers.

Quote:
Also, you're right about reading the messages about the impact. I have seen about 30% malfunction and the others stating they are missing by xxx# of meters/feet. Does the era, 1960's modify the dice roll, factoring in malfunctions more so than say a late 20th century scenario?
Yes, older systems are significantly less reliable. Part of the reason bombers were kept in service even as ICBMs/SLBMs started to proliferate.

Quote:
BTW, really love this scenario and Deter, Defend and ???(forgot the last part of the name) really showcase the challenges of identifying your targets and successfully shooting them down. Thanks for including them in the scenario package.
Yes, the title is Deter, Detect, Defend. That and Wargasm are very much the two sides of the same coin.

Thanks.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote