View Single Post
Old 07-09-22, 11:23 PM   #4836
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
We transferred to the Balao at Midway in late May/early June 1943. To be as specific as possible, we were 1830 km from Midway on 6/6/43 @0837 at 10 kts.

We sailed from Majuro on 6/4, returning 6/28/44.
Well, there is a reason details are asked for, and it is not to be a smart @$$. It is to find out what happened. To be specific, the Balao sub is active from 1943-05-21 for a New Construction type start at Mare Island, near San Francisco. The boat is active at Midway beginning 1943-07-01. Hence the reason for my asking is to find out if you happened to get the Balao early, which you did. This is a Stock game issue that cannot be fixed. It is mentioned in several files in the Support folder to not take early "New Commands". Of course, it would help immensely if they would tell you what the new command was... You scored too many renown points, and then accepted the new command too early which trashes things. I would prefer the game break at the outset than to allow something "illegal" to happen like that. Better still would be if they did not allow early subs as "rewards". Something is wrong in the game's "logic" for the upgrades... Near as anyone has found thus far, there is no recourse other than going back to a Save prior to accepting the new sub and then refusing it until an appropriate time, or just start a new career. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
Can you load the visibility mod after you've already loaded FOTRS?
I have the latest V1.7p3 mod already loaded.
You would have to load it after FotRSU, else FotRSU overwrites it. Just be sure you are at least between patrols and in-base, but be prepared to have to start a new career if it bombs the install (which it shouldn't).

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote