Old 02-03-22, 12:12 PM   #4346
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeondTheGrave View Post
1. I have two hard drives, C: where Windows lives and A: where games live. A: has all my Steam games on it. SteamLibrary is a top level folder on that drive, no program files or whatever.

2. No, this is my default steam installation path.

3.I have both attempted to start from Steam and from the SH4.exe directly, neither produces different results.

4. I have been trying to start from U-Boat Missions. It was my understanding that was the one to pick for modded SH4. For S&Gs I tried just now to run it from the Wolves of the Pacific option on Steam, exact same process.

5. The .exe was write enabled for the LAA patch.

I think probably I should just uninstall and reinstall everything clean, somehow something got messed up or a file was corrupted during download. But I guess I was just hoping there might be a simple solution. I am on rural internet so a fresh download of the two sets of game files (wolves & Uboat) plus FotRS will probably take all day. Tragedy and I havn't even left port.
With having access to SH4 from Steam... did you pay for access to both copies of it or just the 1... as from what I can tell of, Steam... does allow for 1 version copy to be acquired, as best I can tell. Considering that both v1.4 & 1.5 show up in the store as purchasable, solo.

If you grabbed both... then on downloading... of either, will lead to the 1 you're trying to download, overwriting the other 1... meaning, you're not downloading both, individually. Crazy, I know... but... it is what it is. I know. Learned that, the hard way.

M. M.