View Single Post
Old 12-24-21, 01:08 AM   #312
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonehawknz View Post
Hi Bubble - thanks for a great mod (again!).

I realise that having the superpower of retro-historical-foresight is very unrealistic - but thinking back to the old combo of TMOv2.5 and RSRD-TMO - both the first and second Java Sea battles were represented and I was able to position myself at 112'10 6'10 and observe the fight between the big IJN cruisers and ill-fated ABDA Eastern Strike Force - attempting to intervene if I could. This seems to have been removed in the latest update - or was it that it was there in RSRD but not in TMO?

Likewise, the equally ill-fated flight of Perth and Houston, and Exeter - were all represented - but now appear to be missing?

Or is it me!!!? (entirely possible!)

All assistance gratefully received! Thanks!

I would not consider historical battles being present to be unrealistic, in fact its a great part of the sim, having the major and minor battles, providing chance to participate or just observe. I included many major and minor battles and in the next version of update, have added more.

No, these battles were not scripted in default TMO, they are in RSRD version compatible with TMO. In my TMO Update, I did add the Java Sea and Sunda Strait battles (along with many others) using historical orders of battle, and should show up at historically accurate times and location. While in testing I located the forces involved twice, so can confirmed they do spawn. It is possible you just missed the forces. Make sure you are NOT running RSRD with my TMO Update, they are not compatible and will "break" the traffic i.e. prevent proper spawning etc.

I am out of town so can't look at the mod, but will double check it when return in a couple weeks. If unable to locate, can open up the 41A Jap Task Force campaign layer with the mission editor and should provide a idea.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote