View Single Post
Old 06-23-15, 11:25 PM   #112
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I must admit I'm pretty torn about the flag, I mean for one thing it's not the proper Confederate national flag, just the battle flag, so there's that...and on the other hand, well...it's a flag, just like the swastika in the white circle and red background. It's the sentiments that people give such a thing that is the problem.
I can't help but think that the whole 'Lost Cause of the Confederacy' bears some resemblance to the Dolchstoßlegende of post-WWI Germany, a legend brought about by the losing side.

Still, it does seem rather daft to have state government buildings flying it, all things considered, and a tad insensitive to not lower it to half-mast in the aftermath of the attack, or take it down completely for a week or so.

Still, an object is an object is an object, I have an item in my possession with a swastika on it, it doesn't make me a Nazi.

EDIT: Torplexed, that must be one of those Southern Belles I was promised....which reminds me, I need to continue that AAR at some point...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote