View Single Post
Old 07-02-11, 02:53 AM   #605
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well I got news for you. Aside from the fact that going around telling people that you are a werewolf is a really dumb idea regardless of your intentions, no WW2 German soldier, (you know the WW2 German soldiers that we were role playing?) would ever receive such a message, from an SS man no less, and not IMMEDIATELY report it to his Commanding officer, which is exactly what I did.
Haha, thank you! It's a great idea and it worked with Ducimus, but not as well as I'd hoped. Unfortunately the tactic did rely on the person receiving it working out what it meant. A panicky werewolf would certainly try to throw another werewolf under the bus in order to prove their innocence, which was what it looked like you were doing - maybe that's why you were chosen as a seer target? You could have accused me privately in a PM to Hunter, but you did it publically so everyone could see - definate werewolf thing to do!

In fact, I had PMd Hunter to say that I had tried to rattle your cage and that you might flip out. He even posted that as a response to you to not take any action and that you had 'much to learn about the SS' but you missed it. Another suspicious thing happened and that was that I didn't see you post a vote, so you must have sent it via PM to Neal, which was itself suspicious.

It was because of your public accusal that I was lynch voted the next day as you were seered to be human, so people believed your accusation. Am I bitter about that? No, because it's a game and these things happen! The humans have to lynch a certain amount of humans before they start getting werewolves.

Also Rear mentioned you before I did and I only mentioned you once. After that I just posted a tally and pointed out some rules (which seemed to get confused in the roleplay). People (I think you at one point) were posting that there were three werewolves instead of the correct count of four, which also made them look guilty - misinformation etcetera. As I said, I don't agree with the talking after the game, as it puts pressure on the werewolves. But, it's Neal's game so Neal's rules and it was stated before I was lycnhed that we could post after death. Who knows what misinformation the datsardly werewolves were trying to spread, so the rules must remain in focus. I did not reveal my secret evidence, which I only read after I was dead, which was:

Quote:
the bites that killed Oberst roughly match the ones that killed Tinman764.

LJ's teeth and claws appear to match the wounds on Oberon's body.
I didn't reveal anything after that either, when Tinamn PMd me to say he was a seer (I didn't expect two!), or when I was told that Tarrasque was the last WW.

Don't get caught up with the role play. Game play should take precedence over role play. We all know the rules and we all know there ARE werewolves, so there's no point losing a couple of days of solid investigation time to role play a WW2 soldier coming round to a slow realisation that there are werewolves. You have to hit the ground running - e.g. you KNOW there are werewolves and you know what they can do.

The whole game is about deception, counter espionage, accusal counter-accusal and outright bare faced lying.

Last edited by Nisgeis; 07-02-11 at 03:29 AM.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote