View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 05:16 PM   #56
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie9666 View Post
Ok i'll try and sum up my own personal noob experience, obviously I cant speak for everyone though...

I am for all intents and purposes a SH noob, although I have had some short lived experience with the SH franchise in the past, i've found that SH has stuck with me and has remained a franchise I have long intended to come and devote my increasingly limited game play time too.
After recently listening to an amazing audiobook called "Thunder Below!" by Eugene B Fluckey captain of the US Sub USS Barb during WW2 I decided that the time was ripe for me to get stuck into SH, SH5 being the latest (and, although I hope i'm wrong, possibly the last Silent Hunter game) I fire up Steam and downloaded the SH5 Gold Edition I bought during a recent Sale.
Do yourself a favor and buy the DVD version of the game. My Generic Patcher is not compatible with the Steam version of the game. You are totally missing out if you do not have patches of my generic patcher active. I'm assuming this compilation includes a GPS file. That file is to be used with my Generic Patcher (it's a snapshot file that directs the Generic Patcher as to which patches to enable/disable). GPS files make it easy to share with others which patches you have enabled and disabled. They also make it very easy to upgrade to newest version of the Generic Patcher when I release new versions.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote