View Single Post
Old 01-18-17, 12:24 PM   #6870
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer View Post
how do you not activate the enigma mod and the targeting mod? I tried this mod my first night, but i was way out of depth with doing trigonometry to fire a torpedo... I would love to dumb down this mod slightly to where I can play.

also a link to theberbster's tut on targeting pls

EDIT: I also been going crazy trying to figure out how to sucessfully add new single mods to a vanilla install, do you use JSGME or TDW or both or both and more? So confusing...

2nd EDIT: also you put the music mods in the gramophone folder not install with JSGME etc yes?

3rd EDIT: any help would be appreciated as I am currently uninstalled ready to try again
During installation of TWOS you have to enable some of these MODS by JSGME application (that with Yellow "G" icon):
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06\ - MANDATORY
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation\ - OPTIONAL
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders\ - OPTIONAL
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 4x3 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 5x4 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL

If you enable "3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation", you'll not be able to use waypoints and youll be forced to really navigate on sea (you could use services of your navigator - dead position fix, or cellestial position fix)

If youll enable "4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders", youll be forced to decode some messages by enigma - dont enable it if you dont want to use enigma.

If youll enable "5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon", youll be able to ask your torpedo officer to solve torpedo solution instead of solving it for yourself - enable it if you dont want to set torpedo attacks and rather just push FIRE button.
THIS MOD DOESN"T HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON WITH SHIP'S SMOKE, OR WIND, its just name..

"Resolution Patch" mods are optional, install one of them if you have one of these aspect ratio. For instance i my display resolution is 1920x1200 which is 8:5, so i have "6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch" installed.

If you dont know how to install TWOS READ FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote