View Single Post
Old 08-30-20, 11:25 PM   #1702
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
I've been playing around in the Single Missions; unfortunately my notes on specific issues were lost. The principal issues were one game attempting to end prematurely with a catastrophic but not mortal hit on the Akagi, which was the focal point of the mission. I continued the game, assuming the Akagi had taken mortal damage and was sinking very slowly as she limped ahead, only to have to torpedo it again several minutes later after attacking another CV. The other issue related to air contacts not displaying properly on the NavMap of one mission, possibly the Ryukaku (I think Ryukyus is the intended term). I can attempt to identify the individual missions if requested.

Just took a peek at the BOM mission. Why on earth are there three Shokakus there?
First of all, if you have satisfied the requirments of a Single Mission, the mission will end, and you'll go to a Summary screen, at which you can go back into the scenario and continue, if you desire. That's the way the Single Missions work. If you could point to a particular mission you did, we could look at it and make certain it has a good "trigger" in it for the mission objective... ?? In the meantime, the airplane icons are naturally "buggy" in the game, and only one sensor at a time will "report". So you might see a "square" for an airplane on radar, and then when they come into view, you'll see a triangle, unless you zoom way in on the NavMap view, and then you'll see a teeny, tiny little airplane icon... but I digress... If it is getting dark, or raining or anything that obstructs the watch crew's view, they will "lose sight" of the plane, and it will then fall to the radar sensor to pick it back up, but your "sweep" may not catch it for a bit, so you might see the triangle icon disappear, and nothing to take its place. One other thing though, and that is the "Why on earth are there three Shokakus there?" question. There are no Shokaku in the FotRSU BOM file, only the Kaga, Akagi, and two Hiryu to represent the Hiryu and Soryu. No Shokaku... in dry dock for Coral Sea damage repairs... The Stock game has 3 Shokaku in it though... so, where did you find that BOM file?... hmmm... ?? lol - You might well have a corrupted Save folder, or only a partial activation of the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieldk View Post
Just too let you all know Vickers great officer Quarters mod dont work in Fotrsu 1.2

the deck gun is gone when using the mod
We found the issue in that there were changes to the SubName.upc files for the new deck gun configuration in FotRSU v1.2. We'll get with vickers03 about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieldk View Post
So when are you guys planning on releasing this new version with improved AI?
Well, if some modder who shall remain nameless to protect my guilt hadn't messed-up the mix yesterday, we may well have been uploading it now... but, we just got finished with another attempt, and are starting some run-through tests, then we'll toss it to you guys for final Sea Trials soon. Of course, you do NOT want to look-up the definition of "soon"... lol... and if we run into further issues of things someone who shall remain nameless forgot, well-ell, we'll have to push back another day or two... This little fix-up should be backward compatible with v1.2 though. The AI in the base mod stays the same, but there is an add-in mod for alterations, with more planned, based upon what this one looks like.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote