View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 12:15 PM   #1405
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
One thing I failed to mention previously is that the "timing" in the New Construction starts is all wrong now, and we do have to go back through those missions and do some further editing. This is why you are slipping through to a mission assignment right away. Even when we had the dates doing the training correctly, just as in TMO, there were still issues with the "Transfer" function, which is why in later versions of TMO and RSRDC your were prompted to request a "Transfer" after completing your 3rd training mission. We will most likely overhaul completely the "Mare Island" facility, and go with San Diego, Mare Island and Treasure Island starts for overhauled submarines and new construction for a future release, such that they would be like a regular game Start, and have automatic transfers... maybe... preliminary testing works, but the mod has to be "finalized" before we do that. For this next release though, I'll try to get it to where you at least get one or two, maybe all three training missions, at least for the first run through "New Construction". If you do that Gato, and then do the Balao set later, the Save game remembers you having done the Gato set, and then will bypass those same missions for the Balao, which can seem odd, but does go along with the game's not repeating missions already run. There is a work-around for that though - maybe... Just remember though, "New Construction" has always been a problem child, ever since Ducimus introduced it in TMO, and is actually more a function of the "DaysInBase" setting than the player going too fast or too slow through the missions...
Thanks for the background explanation. With a major revision underway likely addressing everything, I won't waste bandwidth with the errors encountered after my last post, one of which was a little startling by SH4 standards. If anyone would like details, however, please PM me.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote