View Single Post
Old 04-15-24, 05:04 PM   #7702
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Just a reminder, if some nobody with connections can start a fire with a dossier of made up fantasy and get all the useful idiots and lemmings of the world to fall in-line behind it. I suppose oils companies with connections could too.

I assume you are talking about Steele, well he wasn't exactly a nobody and his story was "investigated with extreme prejudice" by a very willing FBI abetted by a mainstream press that has clearly taken a political side. I hardly think the Oil Service Industry has that same kind of pull, even against a mere congress critter.

Quote:
However I know correlation doesn’t necessarily mean causation nor am I defending the guy or convinced of anything, just saying things like that cross my mind. Ya got to admit though it looks awfully familiar. He’s fighting the accusations, but if current events are any judge I’m sure the swamp will just wear him down financially with endless accusations as tries to defend himself in court too

Sounds to me like you are convinced of quite a bit! Do you think that George Santos character was a swamp victim too? Sometimes crooked pols will suddenly find some noble or important cause to champion as a way to deflect or minimize getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote