View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 03:13 PM   #771
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
Ouote From VDR >>>>>>>>>>>- Never overwrite old/previous game saves. Always make a new one...
- Try not to save game with AI units in your rendering area.
- Occasional save and complete restart of the game during long patrols is highly recommended (at least 3-4 game restarts per patrol)!

Well getting consumed with the game and hunting I forgot these rules , and In my current campaign I got a ctd . yes there were Ai units in the area and yes I was tired and forgot these rules of play .. So take the advice well and its not the game this time but the operator Good thing I saved a earlier date now I will have to hunt and get my grt back up again

Btw way the med campaign heats up . I tried to sink a british sub but failed . he did not turn to fight ,, one fish down after a miss .. enjoy all !!!~~~
You have to be very gentle with modded SH5...If you do that, you can experience more or less stable gameplay. Random CTD here and there is guarantied but nothing game breaking I hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steineib View Post
hello there btw rendering area, how huge is this atm ? and i have found something very usefull http://deutscher-historischer-jahrwe...vois1.htm#x:01
With TDW patch enabled rendering area is increased to 80km around the sub. In the next patch I'm going to decrease this to 50-60 km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
i found little saves even if near AI to be quite ok. but never. never use a savegame when theres a torpedo in the water. the impact will lead to a ctd. always.
That's actually really interesting find!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienbird View Post
What sort of Uboats are available to play in this mod?

I'm a big Op. Monsoon mod fan for SH4, and if it has an interesting and comparable sub list, I'll buy SH5 to play it.
Only type VIIA, B, C and C/41...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Ites View Post
Hey,

everytime i unpack the main mod folder, i get a report that a file named NSS_UBOATVII...TRA.GR2 or something like that is corrupt.

and is it possible to replace the stock faces with the alt w beards ?
1. Download the megamod again...
2. Not directly because MFCM is overwritten several times in the megamod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
tnx for the replay VDR!

One more question and my game will be complete.

Why or how I fix that my sonar man can hear farder than I can do in my sonar stack? I mean, he reports in, I go to verify personally, and I don't hear anything? Perhaps my sensors somehow are at double range capabilities, because also my watchmen can "see" ships almost 20km away!

Also, I was playing with external camera, I was at 30m. Had a cargo no more of 5km away and my sonar didn't detect it (30m depth and engines off).

Oh, and where can I read or modify game keyboard hotkeys? I mean, how to know all the hotkeys not mentioned in F1 keyboard during gameplay? For example, what's the shortcut for locking the periscope?

Thank you!

PS: about the command buttons.....I guess somewhere are messed up the right and left clic commands for the same action. I mean, left click will have to open the commands, and right one open each officer profile/history . But when I do a left click.....both things happen. It's annoying to click a command button and have the profile open, where can I fix that?

This mod compilation just rocks! Good job!
Yes, few problems with hydrophones have emerged since I enabled TDW rendering patch. It appears that AI detection ability is much larger than player's. I would say that AI detection range is more realistic because it's documented that with GHG a good hydrophone operator can hear large convoy up to 100km away and lone ships to something like 30-40 km away IIRC.
However, something is wrong with player's ability to listen the sea traffic. I'm traveling tomorrow to my annual vacation(time to see some real sea waves, not only simulated) but when I come back, I'll try to find some compromise between rendering distance and hydrophone settings...

You can check data/cfg/comads.cfg file... I think that's the file where all keyboard commands are assigned.

Last edited by vdr1981; 07-10-14 at 03:26 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote