View Single Post
Old 09-10-11, 11:27 AM   #68
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Oh you lucky ones! Blessed art though that the flying pizza monster is hovering amongst you and soaring above your kitchen roofs, knowing of your hungers and reading your craving tongues' most desperate desires! Your beloved pizza master today gives you -

Pizza Margherita!

(Roman Legions applauding while marching down the Via Appia, one hand on their stomachs, tongues hanging out)

This one's a hit, if done right, and this is the way how to get it right.

Did I earlier say no parmesan on my pizza? I feel like an idiot these days...

Take the dough recipee from earlier. Per one 30 cm pizza, you need

3-4 tomatoes
fresh Basil
Salt
black Pepper
a bit Oregano
1 marble of Mozarella (around 125 gr)
a small ammount of cheese mixture I described earlier (Tilst, Edam, dry Mozarella)
Parmesan

The tomatoes you ijust check,m in this recipe they really will be tasted intensely and thus should taste good and have a nice arome. Do not use canned tomatoes, I tried four different types, and all tasted inferior to frsshly smashed tomatoes.

Also, the covering will be very wet, due to the fresh cheese and the tomatoes - you need to work fast once you started, and get that thing into the vwery hot oven as fast as possible, else the moisture turns the risen dough into a greasy mess. If you work fast, it will nevertheless will become probably one of the finest pizzas you know. Since I have put together this recipee, it is my favourite of all pizza recipees.

First, the tomatoes. You must not skin them like they often write, but you cut them into quarters, and with your fingers you work the wet core out, leaving you with essentially the fleshy shell of the fruit. Work the watery parts out as good as you can. The fruit you are left with you then smash with a mixer, using a bit of salt also. But do not turn it into cream or a liquid, but smash it shortly only, leaving you with many small pieces and a paste alike. Use a colander (or is it sieve?) to put the tomatoes into it and filtrate the water. The water you do not need anymore.

Assuming you have bought cow-milk mozarella, a marble of around 120-150 gr, cut seven slices of it. Put them one by one into a cup with parmnesan, and cover them from both sides. Use plenty of parmesan on them!

Cover the pizza disc with the smashed tomatoes. Use a very little bit of Oregano and then black pepper, then use the Mozarella slices to bild a 6er-star with the seventh in the centre. Yiou can strew even more Parmesan on them, too. The areas of the pizza not covered by the Mozarella, you strew with the ordinary Edam-Tilsit cheese mixture, but only a bit, do not use as much of this cheese as in the earlier recipes! Again some pepper on top -

- and into the oven. Stone, 250°+, around 5 minutes, it depends on how the dough is doing.

When done, get it out at put plenty of basil leafs on it, twice as many as on the photo, else you do not get sufficient arome from it. Do not press them into the hot cheese, because they will become dark and start to crumple then.

The dough on the bottom should be crispy, but since the covering is very wet, it nevertheless becomes soft sooner or later, so do not waste time when eating! You should have just an occasional wave of basil arome on your tongue, and also just an occasional taste of pepper. Ther arome from the tomatoes should be always present, though, making this a very freshly tasting pizza, like springtime in pizza-format. I personally love it. As I said, it now is my favourite.

Could be even darker, but I forgot to switch off the fan, and to save the copvering I had to take ther pizza out a bit early.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-10-11 at 11:47 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote