View Single Post
Old 04-17-21, 10:58 AM   #3056
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
I notice that there is no radar warning upgrade (rader counter measure) in FOTRSU 1.46, while in TMO, which i previously played, such equipment is available in late war time. So i'm wondering is this equipment necessary in the game? Will the Japanese ships use radar to detect our submarines in FOTRSU 1.46?

anthor question: I frequently received contact reports and ship information in the radio and map, but when i caulating a proper course and speed to intercept them, i always failed. Only one successful interception out of more than 10 attempts. Does it mean that enemy ships usually change their course and a long-range interception in FOTRSU is almost impossilbe?
If we can make a radar warning thingie, just like some other aspects of the game, not so "accurate", fine. We might put it back in. It's like several other aspects of the game that are just too "accurate", or spot-on in their results. But number one, the US did not have a radar detector, nor a BOLD until very late in the war. The decoys are there in the mod early, from previous versions of the mod, and will be replaced with another device before long... For the US, and for whatever reason, like the wakeless torpedo, it just was not considered "important" enough to "waste" spending US taxpayer money on new-fangled devices... sigh - "so, here's your fly-swat. Go sink us some ships."... lol - so they copied captured German "technology" - including its flaws... lol - and "yes", the Japanese did use radar in real life, and it is "modeled" in the game and mod, but perhaps a bit to "strongly"... they are on you like shtink at times...

As MM mentions about the contact reports, the contacts, especially in FotRSU and other mods, can be very difficult to track down. In Stock, the ships generally go straight as an arrow from point A to point B, only deviating slightly in their journeys to avoid land. In FotRSU, the groups will zig-zag constantly. Case in point:

Notice the highlighted Troop Transport group starts out of the Ise Bay and begins traveling in a generally southwest direction, but zig-zagging. Suppose the report comes in during one of the south-southwest jogs? and then just a few mile later, the group is going west-southwest? You'll never find it based on the report. Suppose you do get a report on it going southwest, and you're down by the Luzon Straits. You would assume it is coming toward you... but no:

It takes a little jog to the west and goes between the Ryukyus and Kyushu and heads for the Formosa Strait... You completely miss it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
FORTSU 1.46, no other Mods.

Parker's Tincan, and Parker's Tincan II both have 0 tons listed as their weight.
Also ran across Kawanishi H6K4. with no picture.. An airplane in the ship ID book. On purpose?
Parker's Tincans are only used in the Sea Trials missions, and therefore are not used to better your renown score. The landed H6K in Stock does not have a sil file, and that has carried throughout most mods. We might rectify that in the next FotRSU release though... after all, you ~can~ sink them. They are listed in the Sea folder, since they are a "ship" sitting on the water, after all...

Now, you seeing this information, are you looking at them in the Museum, or in their folders? If you're in the Museum, we have to change the set-up for that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 04-17-21 at 11:07 AM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote