Old 04-15-21, 10:07 PM   #3048
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
A comment and a question.

Comment: I did some testing and it appears that if you select the Aft Deck Gun and then populate the station with its crew, the disappearing crew slot bug does not occur. Once at sea, re-deploy the gun crew and their slots remain. I tried it three times with three different classes and the crew slots appeared as designed after every save.
... and it is important that a person Saves prior to going to Battle Stations against the enemy, if you have swapped ends with the gun, or added a new double mount. If you do not Save, Exit and return, then the gun station will not show as manned, even though they are there. Once a Save has been done, all is well. But you have to make certain you have gun crew slots before you leave... We cannot guarantee 100% reliability, since it is, after all, Silent Hunter 4... (not forgetting that propbeanie helped mod it...)

Quote:
Question: does FOTRS 1.46 have a hot key for the stop watch? If not, is there a spare hot key available for one in the future.
According to my handy-dandy "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" (found in the main game folder), it should be <C> - does it not function correctly on your system? I am not at a proper SH4 computer right now... (the wife has commandeered the laptop for her email app thingie) - I don't want to say that too loud... she might hear me.

Quote:
Awesome for the PTO, well done to all concerned. Now back to the long transit from Pearl to Area 7.

-C
Thank you on behalf of the team. Smooth sailing and happy hunting - and may your boat not have HORS engines! (wouldn't that be cool if we could emulate them, like we can the dud torpedoes??)...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote