View Single Post
Old 04-14-21, 05:37 PM   #3046
Nemesis Bosseret
Mate

Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

Rockin Robbins has the Sub Skipper's Bag of Tricks thread, that has several very useful tutorial vidz in it, including the Dick O'Kane method, as done in SH4, which was the way I usually did manual targeting, since one time I would get 2000 yards on a target with the stadimeter, and the next I would get 9700, or some such useless data, when in actuality, it was probably 4000 yards... so yeah, course, speed, 90, shoot... I only missed about 50% of the time like that... - I still don't understand how the stadimeter can be that far off for me, other than user error... ?? I dunno... But, while it's not compatible with FotRSU, CapnScurvy did Optical Targeting Correction mod, which can go on Stock or TMO, or several other mods and combinations. The part that will draw you to it is this:

which is a range dial... s-s-shweet... Our fingers are still crossed that he will take a break from his vintage vehicle overhaul long enough to give us an add-in mod of OTC for FotRSU. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath... lol
God i hope he does because that would make my life so much easier. I totally blundered on two sea plane tenders only getting one torp to stick and a cruiser behind them. It was a very very sad day for me. If i had a Type 7 or 9 id have all three at the bottom. But nope just one to the stern around the screw and the rest wiffed so bad they got better odds of finding Antarctica than finding a ship. I almost wanted to blame it on the torps but there MK10s and they actually work compared to the 14s so i know it was something on my solution that screwed it up. I guess ill have to play with the position keeper and tinker with the range and solution to figure it out
Nemesis Bosseret is offline   Reply With Quote