View Single Post
Old 10-29-13, 05:05 PM   #7
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Great mod . The only thing I don't like is hydro search at periscope depth . With my mod list I have to be at least 16mts for the hydro to work . For shallow waters 25 meters would work better for me anyway .
Well first of all I m thrilled that you guys like my mod. I can add a second shallowwater depth at 25 meters but,... apart from the environment mod and some trees I use your list Sober. Have you modified something I ve missed? I have no hyd on surface but otherwise this from REM seem to apply for me:
(Maybe this has to do with why my "realistic hydrophone" mod doesn t work perfect?)
I just did those shallowwater versions cause I tended to hit bottom at uk coast.

1) GHG (GruppenHorchGerat) -originally installed on boat.

Surfaced------------------17 000m
Periscope Depth (12m)-----25 000m
Depth 30m and below-------40 000m (maximum range)

2) KDB (KristallDrehbasisGerat)- optional rotating device that eliminates blind spot on the bow.

Surfaced-----------------------0m
Periscope Depth (12m)------22 000m
Depth 30m and below--------38 000m (maximum range)

3) Balkon Gerat - optional device, better than previous two.

Surfaced-------------------17 000m
Periscope Depth (12m)------27 500m
Depth 30m and below--------40 000m (maximum range)

I can duplicate all the Deep water versions and make them 25 meters versions. It won t take long.Or 20 meters maybe?If many players have hyd starting to work at 16m+ Its well worth the effort.
Am I correct if SH5 doesn t give like 80 meters any advantage over 35 meters when it comes to listening? If Im wrong pls tell me and I can make some 60+ as well. Changing depths doesn t take much work. I just make some more subcategories so they don t get too crowded. I also played with the thought of cutting time by setting TC8 while boat is turning and soundman do the hydcheck.
Regards

Last edited by Husksubsky; 10-29-13 at 05:30 PM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote