View Single Post
Old 09-17-22, 07:28 AM   #44
Furia
Surface Shepherd

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

After my initial report, I have had the chance to play a little bit more and I have found some issues to report.

The ship phyisics still need to be reviewed.
For instance if you go at 15 knots and select all stop you slow down to 0 knots in 20 seconds. A +2000 tons ship would take long minutes to slow down to 0 knots. Same goes to acceleration althogh not so dramatically as to slow down.

On today's testing it was night with heavy fog, I could barely see the merchants unless almost colliding with them, however the Black Cat Aircraft had no problem to visually sighting periscopes and attacking them with depth charges. Seems the Ai aircraft has the same issues with atmospheric limitations like the AI subs and are not affected by visibility or illumination.

Regarding illumination the Light projectors behaviours was strange. I could turn them On but not off. (The light switched off as seen through the optics from the gun control station however it was fully on in the external view)

The analogic clock on the bridge shows the hours in a strange way. It was 16:57 as seen in the digital clock and as well as comented by the crew in relation to the time a new cocntact was located however the "hour hand" was centered in 4 where it should have moved to be almost at 5. The moment it was 17:00 the "hour hand" jumped from 4 to 5.

And the next comments are not "bugs" but some feedback.
It would be great to have information about actual number of DC remaining on board. At this moment seems unlimited but I cannot confirm that.
regarding Depth Charges, I would love to have the capability of deciding the total number of charges to be droped in one pass and then be able to select if I want only the stern rail ones or the lateral throwers, and even select maybe one side of those throwers, for instance port throwers only.

Another nice to have would be the convoy information about base course, speed and if implemented , the zig-zag plan. Now when it is foggy I need some time to figure out the convoy direction.

This is all so far from my side.

Last edited by Furia; 09-17-22 at 01:15 PM.
Furia is offline   Reply With Quote