View Single Post
Old 08-21-17, 03:40 PM   #73
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
So for those that went on it, is there somewhere onboard that seems more likely to cause an accidental death? Is there like a long drop coming down from the bridge if you lose handhold on the railing or something?

Even then his reactions don't make sense. It seems more plausible that whatever happened was something where he believed he would be found negligent in her death.
I did not go on the vessel, but having spent many years in EMS, I can attest there are many ways to die or be injured that you cannot imagine without serious inebriation.

I have used the Jaws of Life on a Lazy Boy recliner.

One of the case studies we had to do in school was for a lady who was on an exercise bike and the seat broke, with the post impaling her quite deeply.

Simple incidents or mundane things can be become life threatening when applied in the right way.

That said, the rest of the story is bizarre. You only bury at sea if there is no chance of returning the body to shore for a proper burial.

If it truly was an accident, then all you have to do is radio for help and there might be an investigation, but accidents usually get cleared. A slap on the wrist for negligence is nothing compared to a murder sentence.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote