View Single Post
Old 03-03-16, 08:45 PM   #3415
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15 Coastal Waters - Poland

I detected a Polish merchant but was going to just continue on to Kiel. The problem was, heavy fog. I didn't feel like dealing with the frustration of not being able to get eyes on and he was already moving away according to my hydrophone man. I decided "What the hell!?", let's put that practice to the test.

I re-submerged, re-acquired the contact, and proceeded to use the first 3 bearings of the 4-bearings method so that I could determine his course. He was moving away, so I didn't want to take the time to relocate to get the 4th for cross bearing and with only 5 minute intervals I would've been really pressed. I determined his course, had his speed estimated as slow so I chose 7 knots as target speed, and used the Attack Disk to get a 10 knot intercept. Surfaced and ran towards with no more excursions below to check whether he changed course.

Ran it at 1x TC since I didn't know what his distance was, and didn't want to risk missing the contact.

40 minutes later, appearing rather largely out of the fog, the deck gun crew got some target practice, and we all got some tonnage. Glorious!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fogged-in02.jpg (89.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg fogged-in03.jpg (96.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg fogged-in01.jpg (81.7 KB, 32 views)

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote