View Single Post
Old 02-07-08, 03:53 PM   #13
Zantham
中国水兵

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589
[qoute] Some motherboards have a setting in the BIOS where dual-channel can be enabled or disabled, you might want to see if yours has such a setting and that it is enabled. You do get better performance on dual channel than single channel. [qoute]

How do I access the BIOS? This is probably a really easy one to answer, but I don't know a lot about the workings of computers...most of it seems like witchcraft to me!
You have to shut down your computer, wait a few seconds and power it up (yeah I know you can just restart but some computers skip the BIOS message when you do this)

When you turn it on, watch carefully usually at the bottom of the screen for a message like:

Press DEL to enter Setup -or- Press F10 to enter CMOS

You're looking for words like Setup or BIOS or CMOS, and the key you press to enter it.

Most computers are DEL but some other possibilities are F1, F2, F10, F12, CTRL-S, ALT-S, CTRL-Alt-ESC, and so on.. hopefully your computer will tell you which one.

If your computer begins loading Windows then you've passed your opportunity and will have to reboot to try again. Some computers give you plenty of time, others speed past the initial boot (the POST) so fast you cant read it properly....

Sometimes you can trick your computer into allowing you into your CMOS by holding down a key on your keyboard before turning it back on, this can give a 'keyboard stuck' error and often will tell you to press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup. This trick doesnt always work tho.
Zantham is offline   Reply With Quote