View Single Post
Old 04-27-24, 08:29 PM   #2878
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricko View Post
Will there be choices over what happens at the end of the war/after your trapped?

Not the best choice of wording, I meant more like; what happens if its game over? Say its the end of the war, will you have choices to enter British/French Harbors, and surrender, or will you be able to scuttle the ship, or can you just order the crew abandon ship and leave the submarine to its fate in the middle of the sea?

Also, how is progress going?

brickvapie
"We die in the dark so you can live in the day"
Nothing special will happen at the end of the war - aside from all enemy ships reverting to "Neutral" allegiance after the armistice is signed. Because of SH4's limitations there will be no scuttling or special surrender event.

One thing I have planned for Single Mission mode is an alternate history mission where you are ordered to sink German battleships during the 1918 mutiny at the end of the war.

Historically, the Submarine U-135 did have a stand-off in harbor with the battleship Thuringen at the end of the war - Thuringen was manned by Leftist/Communist rebels, and U-135 was manned by sailors still loyal to the Kaiser. U-135 was ordered to sink Thuringen, if necessary, but the rebels backed down and the loyalists arrested them with no bloodshed.

Progress is going very well! Again, I have a family vacation coming up when I cannot mod, but after early May it will be full speed ahead again. Right now, multiple things are being worked on:

-Final version of AI crew bodies, for naval ships and war ships
-Many new merchant ships being created, including ships based on the following:
-RMS Carpathia medium liner, 13,603 GRT (made famous by the "Titanic" incident)
-SS Cadillac oil tanker, 12,000 GRT
-Medium-Light merchants, 2,000 - 3,000 GRT
-Mini Merchants, 800 - 1,000 GRT
-More work on sub interior - wireless room and kitchen have been started
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote