View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 04:56 AM   #12
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yes, to the best of My knowledge... operations out of either the Atlantic, or from the pacific. Though, if you grab KSD II: Ace, is no need to pre install SH4, as that mod set... would include SH4 v1.5, complete.

The only thing then, would be to unzip the mod set... set up where you want it to be located... think JSGME, comes pre packed in there. After setting up where it will be installed, is just opening JSGME & activation of the additional optional mods.... &... done.

The only thing left would be, to use either 4GB patch, on the SH4.exe for it... or, to utilize Large Address Aware, on the SH4.ex, to assign it status of ability to use 4GB's RAM.

Myself, I use LAA, as some refer to Large Address Aware, by... in short hand.

Even if now, you have no plans to do other mod sets, using SH4... I'd still... strongly recommend, keeping the initial 'stock install you do, with that cd/dvd set... in a pristine manner... on the off chance, that you do decide, to roll with other mod sets. Which... would necessitate, using MultiSH4, to keep that KSD II: Ace save folder, separate from the pristine SH4's one.

What's that old... adage... Better safe, than sorry... meaning, better to do so, than to decide later you want to roll with another SH4 mod set & have to shart can everything.

With setting up from the cd/dvd... yes to using both 1. then 2., so as to have the SH4 install, be up to v1.5, for that pristine install. (To be frank, haven't ever had to do installs from cd/dvd for some time now... even though, I still have the original cd/dvd drive n My rig... though, I still do recall the basics of doing installs from it.

3. Jeff Groves, provided the location to d/l that from...

Thanks, Jeff...

6. Yes, that is good... as being on another HD than the one your computer operating system is, (which is C:/ by default any way... no need to have to create any folder to send SH4 from your disk copy (or from any other source, such as Stem, Ubi... etc.) to keep it out of UAC's terror-tory. )

So... all good there.

Sounds like your, pretty... much set to roll, with set up of KSD II: Ace, then...

M. M.

Okay, many thanks!

Let me get this straight, just to be sure:

Your recommendation is to,

1. Install from the DVD the original SH4 (DVD1) plus the U-Boat Add-on (DVD2), in order to have a original unmoded install on the PC for reference, yes?

2. Install KSD II Ace, without pre-install of 1.
In this case, there is an Add-On included in this Mod, which is to be installed via JSGME (also, included in this Mod), yes?

3. Install MulitSH4, just in case, I do decide to install another SH4 version - where may I find this, please?

4. Apply 4GB-Patch to SH4.exe - I might need some help with this one ...

Thanks!