Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Many thanks, propbeanie!

Okay, so, no h.sie or stiebler hardcode fixes. That's good to know.

My idea is to,
A. stay with the Atlantic but
B. also, be able to go to the Far East.

If I understand correctly, for this I install,
1. The Sh4 Gold (1st DVD),
2. U-Boat Missions (2nd DVD),
3a. Dark Waters, from Fifi or
3b. Operation Monsun from lurker_hlb3

So far, so good?
A & B: Yes, with this... would be able to do so, but note.. there are a few... cracks in the floor... that you may or may not slip through & get orders that can... bollux up the works.

That said, there are... workabouts, to get things back on track...

As for 1, 2, 3a/3b...

To run more than 1 copy modded set up... would need the following items...

JSGME (as with adding in mods on SH3)

MultiSH4: needed to set up separate save folders... to avoid cross save game contamination... obviously.

To set up to do so, would need to 1st install the cd/dvd copy into a user created folder... My suggestion as follows:

C:/Games/SH/Megamods/SH4/SH4 (needed to then use the original install as a go to gold standard virgin copy) then can create folders named accordingly to whatever mod set your going to roll with, from here on out.

In creating mod set up SH4 copies, then can just open the regular SH4... copy the guts in there & then paste them into the new minted aptly named folder... easy peasy... mac & cheesy...

Since you ran the initial install, everything will be set up ready to use with the herein copied guts in the new folder.

Only thing you'll then need to do, is to edit the SH4.exe as needed... with compatibility, read only unchecked... & run as admin status...

The only thing am NOT sure of... is of setting it up, to NOT have to have the disk in the drive tray... on that, I'll step aside & let any that know that process... step up to the plate.

M. M.