View Single Post
Old 08-29-12, 11:26 PM   #119
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

It's such a shame that the only game out there that really offers this level of detail that a lot of us wargamers crave, is this game that's becoming a buggy mess with each update. They're the only kid on the block for this.

I'm very impressed with Global Conflict Blue 2. I don't really care about having 3d models in it. i think that's going to limit it a little. I think I would much prefer a full world playing field with just a map and unit screen that looks like I would imagine a monitor in a war room would look like.

I tell you what. I actually REALLY LOVE the look of Harpoon3ANW. The vector looking screen, while outdated, REALLY looks like how I would imagine one of those monitors in the Pentagon war rooms would look. It's very 80's Wargames looking and I LOVE that. The only interface feature that I would love is to be able to drag the different maps and windows out of the play area and onto my desktop. I play on a laptop and it has a wide, but narrow screen. I have to keep the Harpoon window small to keep the aspect ratio right. It would be nice to be able to utilize my whole screen.

I wish more wargames would use vector graphics looking monitor screens instead of those new fangled modern 3d flashy graphic stuff.

Last edited by Blacklight; 08-30-12 at 12:10 AM.
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote