View Single Post
Old 07-05-23, 01:40 PM   #257
NSave
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuerte14 View Post
I have both Steam and disc version to install from. I also have read through some FAQs after the first fault so what I've tried already are:

1) Install folder is apart from default suggestion, even named with no spaces, like Drive:/SilentHunter4
2) High DPI Override engaged
3) No additional items were skipped during the install (though only disc version offers them, Steam doesnt)
4) Installed DX9 from a separate offline installer after the game is installed
5) Copy/paste dx9 dlls from the SysWOW64 folder as mentioned above
6) Run .exe in Vista SP2 or Win7 compatibility mode
7) Even tried to LAA patch executable, though I have 32Gb RAM onboard under the Win10 x64

both versions - same result. Game freezes when I try to start campaign or go to the any settings

It's been years since i was last here, but decided to come back to this game and i have the exact problem like this one. Not sure if this specific was resolved in another thread.

I have the Ubisoft version, completely vanilla installed and experience the exact same freeze upon choosing graphic settings or starting a career. I vividly remember that i did not have this problem ~ 1/2 years ago when i played this game on Win 10 (currently Win 11)

For what it's worth, i tried with the compatibility settings mentioned in this thread, switching from onboard to dedicated graphic card but still the same.
NSave is offline   Reply With Quote