View Single Post
Old 07-15-23, 08:48 AM   #13
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I picked FO4 up on a whim. Just cruising through the 2021 summer sale. Took a punt and it worked out great. If you have 5000 hours in FO4 all I can say is WOW!

I had started a normal run and by level 35 I was felling overpowered. So I started over in survival mode and didn't look back. There are many reasons I prefer it, but the combat is the real draw here. Much better combat balance in survival mode, especially how much damage enemies deal. The biggest downsides, like no fast travel and no manual saves, became part of the charm of playing this way. Survival mode is great and right in my wheelhouse.

I've used zero mods too. Straight vanilla and have had a great time, and I suspect a more stable one than most, according to the posts I often read.

I never really took to the settlement building. I'd say I did the minimum. I made sure the settlers were defended, watered and fed, but did not do extensive building. I had only just unlocked vault 88, which is probably the best spot for me to go wild with a serious settlement. But that happened just as I ran out of steam and went over to FO76. But I'm probably not done with FO4, just doing something else at the mo.

Having a good time with 76. I know it got off to a rough start, but I'm having fun with it now.